Reno in 2011 Bid Submission
The filing is made up of a number of documents, as follows. Note that the documents range up to 1.2 MB in size.
- The cover letter.
- A letter of intent with the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, confirming our signed conditional contract for the event
- A side letter with the convention center, confirming our right to build our own computer network to support the convention
- A letter of intent with the Atlantis hotel, confirming our signed conditional contract for over 400 rooms plus party suites
- A letter of intent with the Peppermill hotel, confirming our signed conditional contract for over 700 rooms
- A confirmation from the fully non-smoking Courtyard hotel, confirming our reservation for 50 rooms
- A welcome letter from the Mayor of Reno, inviting us to host Worldcon in the city
- A welcome letter from the President of the University of Nevada, Reno, inviting us to host Worldcon in the city
- A copy of the bylaws of Reno Convention Fandom, Inc, the parent organisation of the bid, confirming the governing rules and the names of the bid committee and officers of the bid.
The submission may also be downloaded from the Reno web site as a 3 Mb Zip file
Aug 12, 2009
The convention is over; thank you for joining us!
Thank you for joining us! Please post links to your convention reports or photos to the Anticipation Livejournal, or let us know on Twitter. And we hope to see a lot of you at Aussiecon 4
Aug 9, 2009
Hugo Winners Announced
The 2009 Hugo winners have been announced.
Aug 7, 2009
Anticipation to offer Taster memberships
Heard about World Science Fiction Conventions (Worldcons) and think they sound cool but not sure they’re worth the money? Then Taster memberships are for you.