Links of interest
Note that all links in this section will open a new web browser window. This page uses the hcalendar microformat for all the events listed on this page. To get all the events listed on this page into your hcalendar-supported application, you can use the Tecnocrati Events Feeds Service (Beta). The microformat on this page was created using a modified version of the hcalendar creator
WSFS (The World Science Fiction Society) oversees how locations for World cons are chosen. The following is a list of upcoming World Science Fiction conventions:
- August 30 – September 3, 2007 Nippon 2007 – at Yokohama, Japan The 65th Worldcon. Come and vote for the location of the 2009 Worldcon!
- August 6 – 10, 2008 Denvention 3 – the 66th WorldCon – at Denver, Colorado Guest of Honor: Lois McMaster Bujold Fan Guest of Honor: Tom Whitmore Toastmaster: Wil McCarthy
- September 3 – 7, 2009 Kansas City in 2009 – at Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A Montréal is competing with Kansas City for the opportunity to host the 2009 World Science Fiction Convention. As putting a bid together is quite expensive, we invite you to presupport both our bid and Kansas City in 2009, and to vote for us.
The following is a list of links for Canadian conventions:
- May 25 – 27, 2007 Anime North – at Toronto Ontario, Canada Canada’s premiere fan-fun anime convention.
- June 22 – 26, 2007 C-ACE – at Ottawa Ontario, Canada Note that dates are estimated at this time. The Canadian Arts and Cartooning Expo (C-ACE) is a multi-genre convention focused on creativity, with an emphasis on learning.
- July 6 – 8, 2007 Toronto Trek – at Toronto, Ontario, Canada Science Fiction, Fantasy, and beyond!
- August 17 – 19, 2007 Con-Version 23 – at at the Calgary Radisson Hotel in Calgary Alberta, Canada.Calgary’s premiere science fiction and fantasy convention.
- October 6 – 8, 2006 V-Con 32/Canvention 27 – at Radisson President Hotel, 8181 Cambie Road, Richmond, BC, CanadaVancouver’s Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Gaming Convention.
- October 31 – November 2, 2008 World Fantasy Convention 2008 – at Hyatt Regency, Calgary, Ab, Canada Mystery in fantasy and horror.
- October 13 – 14, 2007 Pure speculation – at Calgary Alberta, Canada. Our last best hope for geek.
- November 2 – 4, 2006 AC- Cubed – at the Hampton Inn, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada An Anime Convention in Canada’s Capital.
- February 23 – 25, 2008 Pandemonium 25 – at the Delta Toronto East, Toronto, Ontario Year of the Dragon.
- March 28 – 30, 2008 Ad-Astra – at Toronto Ontario, Canada “Ad Astra” means “to the stars” and the focus of the group is on literary works that fall into the speculative fiction genre (science fiction and fantasy).
- May 16 – 18, 2008 KeyCon008 – at Winnipeg , Manitoba, Canada
The following is a list of links for Montréal conventions:
- April 27 – 29, 2007 Boréal – at Montréal, Québec. Canada Le 24e congrès de la science-fiction et du fantastique et le 34e Convention nationale française de science-fiction.
- August 4 – 5, 2007 Otakuthon – at Montréal, Québec. Canada Montréal’s own anime convention.
- July 27 – 29, 2007 Anthrofest – at the Doubletree Hotel Montréal, Québec. Canada Montréal’s own furry convention.
- September 14 – 16, 2007 Royal Con – at Montréal , Québec, CanadaA new bilingual games convention in downtown Montréal.
- October 12 – 14, 2007 Con*Cept – at the Day’s Hotel in Montréal, Québec, CanadaThey cover all aspects of fandom: literature, television, comics, art, gaming, and much more
The following is a list of some of the other conventions that we’ve encountered on the web. We are planning some presence at most of these.
- June 21 – 24, 2007 Midwestcon 58 – at Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.A. The genuine, the original, *the* Relaxacon.
- June 30 – July 3, 2007 Westercon 60 – at San Mateo, California, USA Gnomeward Bound
- August 2 – 5, 2007 Archon 31 – at Collinsville, Illinois, U.S.AArchon 31 is the 9th NASFiC.
- September 28 – 30, 2007 Conjecture – the Fifth – at Red Lion Hanalei Hotel, San Diego, USA A convention devoted to all things science-fiction and fantasy, but focusing primarily on literature.
- October 5 – 8, 2007 Gaylaxicon 2007 – at Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.A. Gaylaxicon is the annual international gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender & friends Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, and Gaming Convention, held in a different city each year hosted by a local GLBTQ fan organization.
- October 2 – 5, 2007 Archon 31 – at Collinsville, Illinois, U.S.A
- October 5 -7, 2007 Albacon – at Albany, New York, U.S.A. This year Albacon is hosting a relaxacon; the dates provided are not confirmed.
- October 12 – 14, 2007 CapClave 2007- at Hilton Washington DC/Rockville, Executive Meeting Center, Mariland DC USA Where reading is not extinct!
- November 9 – 11, 2007 WindyCon 33 – at Wyndaham, O’Hare Hotel, Rosemount, Illinois, USA First Contact.
- November 1 – 4, 2007 World Fantasy, 2007 – at Saratoga Springs, NY Ghosts & Revenants, Memory, History, & Folklore.
- November 23 – 25, 2007 Loscon 34 – at Los Angelis, California, USA Exploring the golden ages of science fiction.
- January 18 – 21, 2008 Arisia – at Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- February 15 – 17, 2008 Boskone – at Westin Waterfront, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.A NESFA’s regional Science Fiction Convention.
- March 14 – 16, 2008 Lunacon – Hilton Rye Town, New Jersey, U.S.A Lunacon is a science fiction and fantasy convention full of fun and exciting things to do!
- March 21 -24, 2008 Orbital – Eastercon 2008 – at Radisson Edwardian Hotel, near Heathrow Airport, London, UK It’s the annual British convention for fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy (including books, films, TV and other forms) and regularly attracts 600–1000 people who spend the long Easter weekend attending talks, joining in games, taking part in panels and other events as well as just staying up chatting with like-minded people in the bar and other social spaces. By joining you don’t get a “ticket” you become a member of the Eastercon and are encouraged to join in with whatever activities interest you most!
- March 27 – 30, 2007 World Horror Convention 2008 – at Salt Lake city
The following is a list of Canadian awards for science fiction and fantasy literature:
Canadian SF clubs and associations
The following is a list of Canadian clubs for science fiction and fantasy fans:
- MonSFFA. The Montréal Science Fiction & Fantasty Association.
- BCSFA. The British Columbia Science Fiction Association.
- CUFF. The Canadian Unity Fan Fund (CUFF) is a Canadian national fund which provides for an Eastern Canadian or a Western Canadian science fiction enthusiast to attend CanVention.
- DWIN. The Doctor Who Information network.
“World Science Fiction Convention”, “NASFiC” and “Worldcon” are service marks of the World Science Fiction Society.
Please address all questions and comments regarding this website to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This page was last updated on 25-jun-07
« Forms | BidArchive | Visiting Montreal »
Aug 12, 2009
The convention is over; thank you for joining us!
Thank you for joining us! Please post links to your convention reports or photos to the Anticipation Livejournal, or let us know on Twitter. And we hope to see a lot of you at Aussiecon 4
Aug 9, 2009
Hugo Winners Announced
The 2009 Hugo winners have been announced.
Aug 7, 2009
Anticipation to offer Taster memberships
Heard about World Science Fiction Conventions (Worldcons) and think they sound cool but not sure they’re worth the money? Then Taster memberships are for you.